Thursday, September 11, 2008

Spore for iPhone


So last night I broke down and actually paid for something in the
iPhone apps store. Wretch. I'm generally against paying for smallish
software (there's usually a superior open source alternative anyway),
but Spore seemed too good to pass up.

I grew up on SimCity 2000 et al., and I've been casually following the development process of Spore. Unfortunately for me, the creature creator demo refused to run on my macbook (lame!) and I doubt the full version of the game will be any more reliable. And it comes with some pretty nasty drm I hear.

My first impressions of Spore: Origins are fairly positive, although it is a bit frustrating that I haven't been able to add more crazy shit to my creature. But I tend to be impatient with games.

Anyway, Spore: Origins has already provided me with about three times as much gameplay as any of the free games I've downloaded from the app store, and I'm not even halfway through it. This is shaping out to be well worth the $9.99 I shelled out for it.

No comments: