Saturday, October 11, 2008

Re-Building My Photography Portfolio

...has been a real pain in the ass.

I used to have a fairly good portfolio going. Some would say it was even kick ass. Good examples of portraiture, uses of artificial and natural lighting and some action photography. I took many of the pictures when I was freelancing as a production photographer during my freshman year, as well as from that summer photographing bands in Tampa.

Only about 20 stills, but most are now lost and gone forever thanks to a fried power book about a year ago. I think I still have a paper copy of it at my mom's somewhere, but even getting scans of those wouldn't be anything compared to having the .RAW files. So this pretty much sucks. It really really sucks.

So now I'm going through the process of reconstructing my portfolio. I've culled through the few gigs of pictures I did manage to backup, but only came up with a few pictures I still like. Which means that I need to shoot more, but its a bit hard with my work schedule.

There's a link in my sidebar now, and here's the gallery below.

No comments: