Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Drunk Goggles for Gmail

So, not that this has ever happened to me, but sometimes when you're drunk on a friday or saturday night the internets get dangerous. Facebook, myspace, gmail, all can make for some serious regrets when you're sober and hungover in the morning. (Note: I stopped using MySpace about a year ago because it was too slow and full of spammers.) So Google labs is offering a filtering service before it lets you send that drunken proclamation of love / hate on friday night.

I think its a funny idea that has great practical applications. Always impressive, g-men.

On another note, there's a fabulous blog post over at Small Parts: Choking Hazard, and I expect good things to come from this. And I love the title, wish I'd though of it. A few other things to check out: Alex's excellent biweekly podcast has been giving me excellent tune-age when I'm trapped behind budget spreadsheets in my home office. And for the record Google Reader is still trying to ruin my life.

I've been super busy working on an upcoming project (one whose details I'm unfortunately unable to divulge until a bit later in the game), but I'm working with some great people.

No comments: