Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bowie Records

So another phone call from Jon at Bart's CD Cellar on Friday yielded another addition to my collection of David Bowie records. 1977's Low (bottom left), the first album of the Berlin Trilogy recorded with Brian Eno.

The other albums pictured are (left to right, top to bottom) The Man Who Sold the World, Ziggy Stardust, Station to Station, Young Americans, and "Heroes".

Suffice it to say, I'm quite pleased at the little record collection I have going. I haven't done a count in a few months, but its got to be over a hundred by now. It's also great that Jon has been keeping an eye out for things I'm looking for, like Bowie albums from the 70s. It funny too because he doesn't have my phone number so he has to call me at work--which usually catches me off guard but its always a pleasant surprise.

So for the record (I'm punny!), I'm only looking for four more Bowie albums now: Diamond Dogs, Hunky Dory, Aladin Sane, and Pin Ups.

I can't stress enough how awesome it is listening to these albums in their original format on vintage equipment. Another good find this week was New Edition's eponymous 1984 album at Goldmine! Bobby Brown rules!

No comments: